Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Is the Samsung S-pen input the same as your fingers?

I have no actual Galaxy Note on-hand and no access to such device so
I would like to ask if the S-Pen behaves the same way as a Finger on a SurfaceView?
Basing from the behavior of S-Pen SDK samples when run on an emulator, it seems that the S-Pen's input is the same with finger inputs only that it is very precise. (noticing that when run on the emulator, its impossible to detect if input came from a finger or S-Pen since touch input is emulated via the mouse cursor)



I'd like to confirm if the gestures I can do with my finger is also doable using the S-Pen?
If this is the case, is it safe to say that the S-Pen is comparable to a very thin finger?
The only difference it can make, is that when an app is coded with specific functionality using the SDK that samsung provides?



Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment