Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Xcode Project Icon files and Organiser Archives artwork

I have all my icon files set up in my project and they are found alongside the .xcodeproj file on my Mac, and I have added them to the plist file as per the screenshot, when I build there are no warnings, but when I Archive, I get 4 warnings which I don't understand.



I found no documentation about the new "Icon file (iOS 5)" and if I should be mirroring the "Icon files" property, I tried with and without it and I still have these warnings. It's worrying because the warning explanation says it's unable to validate my application. I'm worrying about Apple submission.



If I remove this files from the plist then there is no warning, and testing on iPad and iPhone devices, the icons for settings and spotlight still work fine it seems, so these files are being used.



However the Apple docs do tell you to add references to these files in your plist.



Does the location of these files have any impact on if they're being used or not ? I would like to remove them from the root directory and into an "Artwork" directory but I can see that this now removes the preview from the Target summary.



Also in the Archive section of the Organiser I used to get the iTunesArtwork to appear - now my Icon.png is blown up and consequently very ugly. I wonder if this suggests I am doing something wrong ?



There is no clear guide to how I should treat these icons...



enter image description here



enter image description here



UPDATE



It seems like for these warnings to be avoided, you must have a folder named "Resources" in the root of your project. And import that folder into the Xcode, you still must declare in the plist, two times these icon files.
I still don't know how to get my iTunesArtwork to be used in the Organizer's Archive view.





No comments:

Post a Comment