Monday, April 23, 2012

AWK - command system () and function ()

I have a file:



AA
BB


This command prints:



$ awk '{ORS=""; printf "%s ", $0 } END {print "\n"}' file

AA BB


I want to use these commands, but the function:



The first function:



awk 'function my() { system("echo | awk '{ ORS=""; printf "%s ", $0 } END {print "\n"}' file") } BEGIN { my() }'


The second function:



awk 'function my() { system("cat file") } BEGIN { my() }'


I want to print the result:



AA BB


Thank you for your help.



EDIT:



I want to use system(command) in my() function.



awk  'function my() { system(Here I want to insert proper command) } BEGIN { my() }' -> to print the result:

AA BB


It is possible to print the result by nesting awk command?



Thanks for any proposed solution.





No comments:

Post a Comment