Thursday, April 19, 2012

UPDATE : Most Samsung Androids have "Settings" button too in soft keyboard. How to intercept or disable that?

I have a full screen activity with a ExitText. When edit text is clicked(gets focus) a softkeyboard shows up.



Now, on some samsung android phones(atleast two that I have used), the keypad also has a small "Settings" button which will close your activity and take you to phone's system settings button.



I want to intercept when a user click's this "Settings" soft button and then take some decision before my activity gets pushed back to the stack.



Is it possible? If yes, how?



EDIT



I know that in normal circumstance its a bad user experience and should be avoided. However, I am more interested in the solution (technology side). I am not going to launch an app in the market with such a thing for regular user, so please dont comment saying I should not do this.



I know that developers put such comments in the benefit of the users who are still learning but in some cases, "Its more about HOW to do it?". This scenario is just one of them. Hope nobody takes what I said in a wrong sense. Thnx!





No comments:

Post a Comment